This website provides general information which, to the best of our knowledge, is accurate and true.
Please be advised that:
- The Ministry of Justice makes no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, about the completeness, reliability, suitability or availability of the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website.
- Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- Information on this site may be changed, deleted or updated without notice.
- The Ministry of Justice does not provide legal advice. Users should contact qualified professionals if they require legal assistance.
- The Government of Jamaica and the Ministry of Justice accept neither liability nor responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from use of this website or for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- This website is linked to other websites which are not under the control of the Ministry of Justice. We are not responsible for the content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them and the information may not reflect the policy of this Ministry.
- Any copyrighted material provided as part of this website or through links to other websites remains the property of the owner of the copyrighted material.
Information and Disclaimer for the legislation page
The versions of the legislation on this website are made available for information only and any legislation printed from this website has no official status. This page contains legislation that have been passed by the Houses of Parliament and brought into effect prior to 2010. Legislations passed by the Houses of Parliament since 2009 are located at the Jamaica Parliament website www.japarliament.gov.jm.
The Government of Jamaica and the Ministry of Justice make no representation or warranty, expressed or implied and accept no legal liability or responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of the legislation posted on this website. Changes have been made to some of these laws, therefore users should consult the versions of the laws which are printed by the Jamaica Printing Services (1992) Limited located at 77 ½ Duke Street, Kingston, call: 967-2250 or 967-3982.